VECTOR CONTROL RESEARCH CENTRE
(Indian Council of Medical Research)
Applications are invited up to 19.08.2013 for the post of Scientist D in the PB-3 Rs.15, 600-39,100 + Grade Pay of Rs.7600 at the ICMR’s Vector Control Research Centre, Puducherry:-
(i) First class Master’s degree in Statistics/Biostatistics/Mathematical Statistics/ Health Statistics from a recognized university OR Second class Master’s degree in Statistics/Biostatistics/Mathematical Statistics/Health Statistics with Ph. D. degree in Statistics/Biostatistics from a recognized University
(ii) Eight years relevant R&D experience in advanced Statistical analysis/ mathematical modeling in recognized health research/ biomedical/ medical/ other relevant Institutes after obtaining essential qualification (i) above, out of which at least 2 years in a managerial position to handle R&D projects in a team effectively in a directing capacity.
(i) Ph.D Degree in Statistics/Biostatistics/equivalent for candidates with first class
Master’s degree in the above subject.
(iii) Additional research experience in relevant fields in recognized Institute(s).
(iv) Experience in the development and application of Statistical/Mathematical modeling in the transmission and control of vector borne diseases and use of advanced statistical softwares.
(i) To apply statistical techniques for the design, conduct and data analysis of epidemiological/entomological and operational research studies related to vector borne diseases and assist in report writing.
(ii) To design and implement research studies related to statistical/Mathematical modeling of the transmission and control of vector borne diseases.
(iii) To teach and impart training to post-graduate students in the relevant subject.
(iv) To assist Director in the administrative matters relating to research, training and general activities of Centre.
Age Limit: Not exceeding 45 years. Relaxable upto 5 years for Government Servants and SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates in accordance with the instructions issued by the Department of Personnel & Training from time to time in this regard. However, the prescribed age may be further relaxed in exceptional cases for experienced and qualified candidates.
One time age relaxation is also allowed to Scientific and Technical staff working in long term projects in ICMR Institutes/Centres for posts advertised under HRSC, 2007 provided they meet essential qualifications and experience for the post with a view to provide them opportunity to compete with other candidates as per Council’s letter No.6/1/2007-Admn.II dated 28.03.2011.
General Relaxation Clause: Age, qualification and experience will be relaxable in deserving cases as mentioned in the Recruitment Rules of Health Research Scientists cadre of ICMR, 2007 under Rule 14 and Notes 1 & 2 of Schedule-III.
Other Service Conditions:
(1) Pay Band-3 Rs.15,600-39,100 + Rs.7600 (Grade Pay)
(2) Allowances as per Central Government Rules are admissible on the above pay scale.
(3) Benefits of new restructured defined contributory pension system are admissible as per the provision contained in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (ECD & PR Division) Notification No.05/07/2003-ECD & PR dated 22-12-2003 effect from 01-01-2004.
(4) Private practice is not allowed. However, non-practicing allowance is admissible to medical graduates only as per rules.
(5) Applications from employees working in Central/State Govt. Departments/Public Sector Undertakings and Govt. funded research agencies must be forwarded through proper channel. Advance copies of application will be considered subject to the conditions that a “No Objection Certificate from the employer is produced at the time of personal discussion. Application received after the closing date will not be considered. Candidates called for personal discussion/interview have the option to answer in Hindi also.
How to apply:
(1) Application forms and other information can be obtained from VCRC website (Application) on or before the closing date.
(2) Application forms duly completed in all respects and signed by the applicant should be sent to the Director, Vector Control Research Centre, Medical Complex, Indira Nagar, Puducherry – 605 006 on or before the closing date.
(3) Documents to be enclosed with the application form (copies attested by Gazetted Officer)
a) Proof of Date of Birth
b) Educational qualification
d) Crossed Indian Postal Order (IPO) for Rs. 100/- (Rupees One hundred only) payable to the Director, VCRC, Pondicherry. SC/ST, Physically Handicapped (PH candidates) candidates and Women candidates are exempted from this payment. IPOs are payable by all other candidates including ICMR employees.
(4) Provide details of extramural projects handled as Principal Investigator & Co- Principal Investigator.
(5) List of Publications in Index Journal with Impact Factor for each publication as available under JCR/Internet.
(6) List of Publication in non-Indexed Journal may also be provided.
(7) Unsigned/Incomplete application in respect of the above column or application without supportive evidence asked for/ without demand draft and application received late are liable to be summarily rejected.
NOTE: (1) Ph.D degree in subjects relevant to Indian Council of Medical Research shall be treated equivalent to three years experience. (2) Candidates with Ph.D degree will be preferred for direct recruitment. (3) if no suitable candidate is found at Scientist ‘D’ level, the post can be filled up at lower level i.e. Scientist ‘C’. (4) Since it is not possible to call all the eligible candidates for the interview/personal discussion, the applicants will be short-listed for this purpose. The decision of the Director-General, ICMR will be final in this regard. (5) Candidates called for interview will be paid a 1st class rail fare by the shortest route on production of documents. (6) Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside influence with regard to selection/recruitment shall be disqualification. (7) The post is with all India transfer liability under the Council.
For activities of the above mentioned Institutes/Centres, please refer to VCRC’s website at (http://www.vcrc.res.in)